Monday, June 6, 2011

Do you want to go to the seaside?

Today is June 6th, and it was pouring rain. The weather has been so strange lately, and it only amplifies my want to go do summer things. Last summer I ate a lot of frozen yogurt, played tennis every other day, and went star-gazing with friends on a few occasions. Of course I can't really do any of those things with the weather so crappy. I want to go to the beach so badly! And not some cold, cloudy, windy beach. I want to go to a beach where the sand is warm, the sun is shining, and you people don't look at you like an idiot for swimming in the ocean.

I've always wondered what it would have been like to grow up on the beach. Ever since watching that show Rocket Power back in the day, I've always wanted to live right on the coast. The members of one of my favorite bands, Switchfoot, all grew up in San Diego. When they were first starting to make music, they would meet up, play some music, go surfing for a quick break, and then went back to making music. Surfing would be so fun, and being able to go from sitting and playing a guitar in ones own home to jumping in the Pacific with a surfboard in a matter of minutes would be the coolest thing ever.

Of course there is more than plenty of time for me to learn how to surf and/or live near the ocean. Maybe that will just mean my children will grow up on the coast, rather than myself. I would be ok with that, although as much as I wouldn't mind being wealthy, I can't see myself as one of those rich people that you usually find living near the coast. You know, the kind that buy their children expensive cars for their 15th birthdays. Then again, maybe I'm just stereotyping.

But I'm going to live on the coast some day, even if that means making myself a hermit!

Well. . . Maybe not something quite so awkward.

No comments:

Post a Comment