Sunday, April 24, 2011

I cannot change you; You'll never change.

Today I saw an old friend at work. Well, I wouldn't necessarily use the word friend. We were what I would have considered best friends for a while, but after entering into high school together, found that we each saw life in very different lights. There was a falling out, and unfortunately, that was that.

I didn't greet him or anything when I saw him. I tried to make eye contact, but as I wasn't the one bagging his groceries, that was sort of difficult. After that I saw him outside, and I could have said something to him, but what was I supposed to say? "Hey man, how have you been? Sorry that I haven't spoken to you in three years, but sometimes I just don't like to be involved with the sort of people you've become. Remember middle school? Good times, huh?"

Maybe I should have said something to just see what would happen. Who knows?

Besides that, however, today was a really good day. I got to experience something totally new, and I'm really glad I did. It was something that I needed to experience.

It's back to school tomorrow, and while my break wasn't the most exciting thing ever, I was looking forward to summer more anyway. Besides, break wasn't all bad! I just can't wait for this semester to be over, I'm ready for things to get at least a little more laid back for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment