Sunday, September 26, 2010

Just a Filthy Backslider

That's the thought that keeps nagging in the back of my mind lately. I haven't gone to church in a few weeks, and I feel really bad about it. It's not that I don't want to learn about God and the Word, it's that I'm always so busy on the weekends that when I think about waking up early I'm just like ".... no."

I need to go to church, it's how I grow as a christian, since I don't have an official small group yet. The college group that I could have gone to is on sundays at 6, and since I'm almost always scheduled to work sunday evenings, I've got no time to go to it. I don't understand why small group leaders don't like to put small groups on weekdays. I like weekday small groups. It's like getting church twice a week, except it's much more involved. Involved is good. Involved makes you think; makes you question things, and that makes you grow.

So I guess my options are: A) Get up in the morning and go to church, thus being wiped out for my 8-hour work day, B) Go to Gary's high school small group on tuesday, C) both of the previous mentioned, D) None of the previous mentioned or, E) Find a small group on a different day. I like choice E. I still want to get up in the mornings for church, just not when I have to work all day right after.

As much as I enjoy work, it does complicate things.

No comments:

Post a Comment