Saturday, September 18, 2010

"The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death."

I don't know who said the above quote, but I've always thought it was an interesting one. What I do know is simply the fact that sometimes, life disgusts me. This morning at around 3, an hour after I went to bed, four teenagers were killed in a car accident. They were apparently speeding, on a road that I take to school everyday, and the sharp turn proved too much for their speed, causing them to flip off of the embankment into the canal. The car was upside down in the water, and nobody was able to get out.

Needles to say, it's a very sad day in Tracy, California. All four of the teenagers were from high schools around Tracy, some on their way to college. I hate days like this. It's extremely depressing, and it just doesn't make it any better that people comment on it, even though they mean well. I just don't like dwelling on unnecessary sadness like that. And by unnecessary, I mean that the deaths could have been avoided. There's nothing that gets me more on edge than someone losing their life for a stupid, completely avoidable reason.

Well, it looks like I'm making myself dwell on it. Let's hope the rest of the week is better than today, eh?

Rest in peace, Carol Phan, and the others involved in the accident. You will be sorely missed and lovingly remembered. May God lead you and your families to rest and ease.

2 comments:

  1. The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. It was on Ignatius Peverell's gravestone, I believe, when Harry and Hermione go back to Godric's Hollow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No it was on James and Lily's gravestone!

    ReplyDelete