Monday, September 6, 2010

Whatever it was you said, I need more.

I miss reading for fun :(

I think the only book that I've read this summer for the fun of reading was the book Amanda let me borrow, "The Perks of Being a Wallflower". As great of a book as that was, one is not enough for a few months! Oh, and there was "The Necromancer" and that sad attempt at reading the new Rick Riordan series. Sorry Rick, it just wasn't that interesting. But as of late I haven't had the funds to keep buying books to read. I know what you're thinking! "Go to the library, you half wit!" Well I would, but the thing is, our public library seems to be caught in this weird time rift where no books can seem to reach it. The result is a very scarce supply of reading material, and the stuff that they do have, is old and torn up.

No thank you.

Plus I have this weird thing with books. I'm fine borrowing a book from a friend, reading it, then returning it. But otherwise, I want that book to be mine! The actual physical book is like a little picture frame that reminds me of all the well spent hours reading it's contents. In other words, I love to buy books. That said, now that I have a job, I really hope I can set aside at least a little bit of cash to buy some reading books. I really do miss just sitting on the couch and reading for a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment