Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Perfect Dorm

I think I've mentioned before that I love having those random dreams that I can remember really vividly, because then I can step back and take a look at them, just for the joy of it.

Well last night I had one of those dreams, and because of it, I've dreamt up my fantasy dorm. In fact, all I remember about the dream was walking into a building, realizing that it was the dorm I was going to be staying in, and exploring every nook and cranny in shear delight.

Ok, so the dorm was like this:
It was composed entirely of long, wide hallways with doors leading into dorm rooms halfway down the length of each hallway, but only on the right side. There were also stairs lining the walls. So imagine, you walk in the door, and at ground level, there's a dorm to the right, with a lounge area to the left, with tables, chairs, and couches. Then at the end of the hall is a staircase, turning twice. After the first turn and before the second, there are two more dorms. After the second turn of the stairs, a long staircase goes along the wall to the next level, and then rinse and repeat.

Ok so maybe I didn't describe the layout all that well, but this is for me to remember anyway, so what do you care? Now to the coolest parts.

The dorm rooms were like the mirrors; long, thin rooms that could house 3 or 4 people, and despite how long the rooms were, they didn't have very many windows, and those that were present were covered by light green curtains. And that brings me to my next point. The school must have been Hogwarts or something, because the dorm had it's own color, as if it was a house common room. The place was covered in light green curtains, tabards, cloths, trimmings, and hangings everywhere you looked, with many of these items having dark green shamrocks on them. These complimented the dark brown hardwood and dim lights very nicely.

Now that I think back on it, this dorm was completely strange, but I personally would have seen it as the coolest thing ever. I have to find that college.

1 comment:

  1. Notre Dame! Its mascot is the Fighting Irish... your shamrocks reminded me of that. Lol

    ReplyDelete