Thursday, November 4, 2010

I was sitting on the roof of my house.

I've really not had much to update lately, but I will say this:

I learned at bible study a few days ago the the whole Bible can basically be summed up in Genesis 5, which is a chapter in the first book of the Bible that names the descendants from Adam, the first man, to Noah. The chapter is dedicated to just this, and seem like it really doesn't serve any purpose besides historical reasons. But it just so happens to be very important indeed. Names have always had meaning, but it was different back in that time, because in those days, your name wasn't just what people called you, it's meaning was what you were supposed to live by, and if the way you lived changed, your name changed. It was who you are.

Going back to Genesis 5, if you take the meaning of every name mentioned in order from Adam to Noah, you will find that it spells out a sentence, which is somewhere along the line of "Man/Appointed/Mortal/Sorrow/The Blessed God/Shall come down/Teaching/His death shall bring/the despairing/rest and or comfort. Each "/" is a break between the meaning of names, meaning that Adam = Man and Noah = Rest, or comfort.

I think this is really interesting, and even though it may seem a little Da Vinci code-ish, I totally believe it's real. Cool, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment