Sunday, January 23, 2011

For You and Your Denial

It feels like it's been so long since I posted anything of any importance on this blog! I've been in a very large and murky rut when it comes to writing as of late. I had this one idea for a play, but that didn't go far. I also had a few other story ideas, but I never really sat down and put them into short story form or anything to see if they flow well. I'm not sure what happened, but all the same, I still haven't found an idea I've been able to stick with. Hopefully soon?

Now that I think about it, I will have plenty of time to write this semester of college, seeing as all of my classes have either a 75 minute or 150 minute break in between them. I have a lot of time to do eat lunch, do homework, read a book, conquer the world, etc., and I'm actually starting to worry about how I'm going to spend my time. Maybe I can master the art of napping, and train myself to take power naps in between classes! That would be so cool!

Along with this new semester comes a new alarm clock. I now have to get up at 7 in the morning every day. Now, that's actually not that big of a difference from last semester, as I usually got up at around 8, but there is one thing that is very important and completely different about these two wake-up times. That is the fact that one requires an alarm clock, while the other allowed me to wake up on my own. For some reason, even if it's at the same time as usual, if I am woken up by an alarm clock it feels like I have had much less sleep than usual. I don't know what it is, but I don't like it at all.

You know, I've also recently started dating one of my best friends, and while I won't go into any sort of detail for you, it's already made this year one to remember :)

Anyway, this post has reminded me of how much I enjoy writing, or typing, my thoughts out, even if others can see them. Maybe I'll try and work up something to post at least 2 or 3 times a week.

By the way, the title of this post is the newest song from the band Yellowcard, who recently have ended their hiatus and have announced a new album and tour for March. I. Am. So. Excited!!!

1 comment: