Friday, December 31, 2010

Tick of Time

This is the last day of 2010. It feels strange this time around, instead of feeling just like a normal day. Usually, New Year's Eve is just another time to spend with friends and hang out. Always a smaller holiday, in my opinion. But this year, things were so different, it feels as if I've finally come to the end of a very enjoyable book series, knowing that the author has already started on a follow up series, which will be premiered tomorrow. It's sadness and excitement.

I did so many things different this year. This year was when I found out what it means to be part of a family of 40 or so people and move towards a goal; one that ended up being the biggest performance at Tracy High in the past few years, and maybe even longer than that. This year, I graduated high school. I remember back when I went to Monticello elementary school, thinking how far away high school was. I had to get through fourth grade at Monticello, and then I would be going to Jefferson for fifth grade. Even when fifth grade was over, and I started sixth at WVCA, I still felt like three years was a lot of time.

And then high school just appeared, and then just as quickly as it came, it went. Now I'm already in my second semester of college. The tick of time? More like the very fast moving sports car of time.

I also came across some people this past year that I genuinely loved. I have a group of friends right now that I care about and who care about me so much, and I really don't think I've had very many friends like that before.

Needless to say, this year was packed full of awesome, and now it's time to move on to 2011. I'm going to try to make it as exciting and full lessons and teaching as 2010 was.

Here's to the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment