Sunday, July 4, 2010

"When a man loves a monster!"

This was probably one of the funniest lines of the performance I saw today. You see, usually on the fourth of July, my family will go over to a friend or family's house and have a barbecue and just sort of chill. This year we decided to do something different. We went to church like usual for a sunday, but then after that we left for San Francisco to see a matinee performance of Young Frankenstein: The Musical.

Now, I was extremely excited to see the show and had heard great things about it beforehand, so I had high hopes for the show. When the first few songs had passed, I was sort of dissapointed. Yes, the actors were very good and the jokes were funny, but it just wasn't living up to Mel Brooks status. But, I kept my head held high and waited it out, and I'm glad that I did. The show ended up being both hilarious and very entertaining!

And what's better after a great show than some good food? Nothing! Absolutely nothing! So we headed over to Bucca Di Beppo to get some amazinf grub. It was really good, and after we were done with our cheese ravioli and fetuccini alfredo, we headed home.

And if that wasn't good enough, I got to hang out with a really good friend of mine and watch some pretty appealing fireworks, if I do say so myself. Altogether, it was a really awesome Fourth of July, and I'm glad I got to spend it the way I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment