Tuesday, June 8, 2010

And the moon brings a sun in the morning.

For as long as I can remember, an on going trend in my life has been finding something good and messing it up. Now, that doesn't happen all the time, but it happens enough for me to notice it and say "dang it, Brennan", and try and either make it better or forget about it.

This past year, though, it seems that certain trend had up and left from my life, which was completely fine with me. The whole year was full of great things that I never even got close to messing up. But now that summer's arrived, I have this feeling that it's making its all too familiar come back. Again, it's not a constant thing.

In fact, a few friends and I had a jam/game night last night, and it was great! Grant it, I would've liked a few of my other friends to have been there to make it perfect, but they couldn't come. Anyway, we really like this band Explosions in the Sky and this one song in particular, "Your Hand in Mine", we are obsessed over, so we decided to learn it and jam. And that's just what we did; we learned the guitar parts, created a bass part, and played it! It felt great, and the song gives off such a nostalgic feeling that you really feel like you are playing a piece of art.

It was a great night, and I hope that the rest of the summer turns out like it, because I would prefer the "failure" trend not rear it's ugly head again.

No comments:

Post a Comment