Wednesday, June 30, 2010

"And sometimes... When I'm peeling potatoes..."

The quote at the top is from a television show called The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack, an absolutely hilarious idiotic cartoon that my friend Amanda got me hooked on. In one episode, Flapjack joins the Navy in hopes of an adventurous life, but comes to find out that you must work your way up to the top of the basically vertical cliff of achievement. He finds a man named Jesus at the bottom of the boat peeling potatoes, which is where this quote comes from. I think it's hysterical when you actually hear him speak, and I took the liberty of annoying my friends for about two hours with it last night, so I think it deserves some sort of spotlight here.

Well, I've been really confused lately. For a long time actually. And it seems like every time I finally come to terms with the way things are, something comes along and screws me over. It slaps a piece of duct tape over my eyes, punches me in the face once or twice, spins me around a few times, and then sends me off as a blind, bleeding idiot to find my way in the disorienting darkness.

You liked that analogy, didn't you? I know I did.

So, in order to distract myself from problems that could very well be imaginary, I've been thinking of just random things. One of which has been a Harry Potter video game which I would like to see created. Alright, let's see if you can handle this: You get to create your own student at Hogwarts, and depending on the "obvious" attributes you give to your avatar, you will be placed in one of the four houses. I think you know what those are, but if you don't, you have Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Slytherin, and Hufflepuff. I don't think I spelled some of those right, but you get the point. Anyway, you would have a single player mode in which you go through years 1-7 and learn the spells that you want to learn depending on what classes you sign up for.

Now I know what you're thinking, what happens after you finish year 1-7 in single player? Well, that same character that you played through single player can be transferred to multiplayer where you can go onto an online Harry Potter world including Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, the Forbidden Forest, Diagon Alley, and maybe some other places included in the game.

There would be quidditch, dueling, bad guys, and competitions galore. It would be awesome! It would also probably be much too expensive to create, but maybe one day.

So today has been a good day so far. I celebrated my sisters birthday with my family and girlfriend by going to Olive Garden and having an amazing lunch! I got my sister a journal to write in and an epic pen to write with, and my girlfriend was nice enough to make her a headband and a skirt. She was really happy about it. So happy birthday Anna :)

No comments:

Post a Comment