Saturday, June 26, 2010

Has Needs, Will Work.

I need a job.

That's basically all that there is to it. I've been wanting a job since I turned 17, which was last September, and even though I haven't tried my absolute hardest, I can't seem to find anything. Some of my other friends had a really tough time finding a job too, but some of them have been successful. And even those who weren't at least got a call back for an interview. Not to sound all "Woe is me", but I've not heard anything from any of the places I've applied to.

So I need to step up my game. I need money if I'm going to keep on going places with my friends. I need money to buy essentials and luxuries. But it's not just about the money; I need a job so I can learn how the system works. I need and want that sort of life experience, and working will help me grow as a person.

One thing that has really motivated me lately to get a job is my mother. She really has this thing about people getting a job when they are able, and even though I don't understand why she's so firm about this, I think it's time I respected her opinion and looked harder for a job.

Besides, I feel a little left out that my friends are working and making money like adults while I'm still at home trying to find something to do like a kid. I don't mind being a kid, but as it's my time to start growing up, I want to do just that.

So employers, look out! I'm a-coming! (Oh, and if you've got any suggestions, send them my way please!)

No comments:

Post a Comment