Wednesday, June 9, 2010

As if to say, he doesn't like chocolate.

So, lately I've been stealing my friend's idea of using song lyrics for titles of a blog post, but I think it's a really great idea, so I'm going to continue stealing her idea. Sorry, Stephanie. Ok, I'm not sorry, but I hope you don't mind. ;)

I've also been writing about music a lot more lately, but that's because I've gotten more time to hang with Ranbir, and as he is my pretend band member (we jam together), it would make sense that we get together to play music. Recently we've been playing some pretty chill music, and I really have a thing for that kind of stuff. Rookie of the Year, Explosions in the Sky, This Will Destroy You, Bloc Party; all of that kind of stuff puts me in a mood to just sit and make believe I'm in my sort of sanctuary.

Actually, now that I think about it, I really do think of a sanctuary a lot. I picture this sort oceanfront town, with a lot of trees. And I mean a lot. These trees almost completely obscure the beautiful east coast style architecture of the homes and shops that make up this quaint town. The streets are long, winding, and completely safe to walk down in the evening. Old New England style lampposts shine down dim light on the sidewalks, and the trees there make the amazing sunsets even more beautiful. The town is filled with some of the most interesting people you will ever meet, with people who play the most beautiful acoustic sets you will ever hear, and write the most captivating literature you will ever read.

It is a complete fantasy, of course, but it's my dream world, and I love it.

Oh, and I've also been playing tennis a lot, which is really great, because I get to do it with some amazing friends. And I'm getting better!

Well, this post was really random, but that's kinda how my life has been feeling lately. Unexpected and totally unforeseen, in good and bad ways.

1 comment:

  1. Song titles make for interesting titles, which capture people's attention. No worries, dude. Haha. And a lot of times they are able to capture how you feel exactly. But who the heck doesn't like chocolate?!?!?

    ReplyDelete